This Data Protection and Privacy Statement relates solely to information supplied by you on this Web Site. M Oriental Bank Limited, the Data Controller respects the privacy of your personal information and will treat it confidentially and securely.
Any personal information provided by you to M Oriental through this Web Site will be used for the purpose of providing and operating the products and services you have requested at this Web Site and for other related purposes which may include updating and enhancing M Oriental’s records, understanding your financial needs, conducting credit checks, reviewing credit worthiness and assisting other financial institutions to conduct credit checks, advising you of other products and services which may be of interest to you, for crime/fraud prevention and debt collection purposes, for purposes required by law or regulation, and to plan, conduct and monitor M Oriental’s business. The information collected from you by M Oriental will be valuable in improving the design and marketing of our range of services and related products for customer use.
Other than to those individuals and entities listed below your details will not be revealed by M Oriental to any external body, unless M Oriental has your permission, or is under either a legal obligation or any other duty to do so. For the purposes detailed above, your information may be disclosed to:
• any other Branches of M Oriental (ie. M Oriental, its subsidiaries and affiliates);
• any regulatory, supervisory, governmental authority with jurisdiction over M Oriental members;
• any agent, contractor or third party service provider, professional adviser or any other person under a duty of confidentiality to M Oriental;
• credit reference agencies and, in the event of default, debt collection agencies;
• any actual or potential participant or sub-participant in, assignee or transferee of, any of the M Oriental rights and/or obligations in relation to you;
• any financial institution with which M Oriental has or proposes to have dealings.
The above disclosures may require the transfer of your information to parties located in countries that do not offer the same level of data protection as your home country. However, M Oriental will ensure that parties to whom your details are transferred treat your information securely and confidentially. M Oriental also pledges its intention fully to meet any internationally recognised standards of personal data privacy protection and to comply with applicable data protection and privacy laws.We may transfer your information if it is necessary to perform our contract with you and by providing details to M Oriental via this Web Site you are deemed to consent to any other transfers.
Information held about you is retained as long as the purpose for which the information was collected continues. The information is then destroyed unless its retention is required to satisfy legal, regulatory or accounting requirements or to protect M Oriental’s interests. As a general rule, the maximum retention period is 7 years.
It is your responsibility to maintain the secrecy of any user ID and login password you hold for access to this website.
While using Our Service, We may ask You to provide Us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify You. Personally identifiable information may include:
• Contact list
• Photos and Documents
• Device Android Identity
Usage Data is collected automatically when using the Service.
Usage Data may include information such as Your Device's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that You visit, the time and date of Your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When You access the Service by or through a mobile device, We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device You use, Your mobile device unique ID, the IP address, the MAC address of Your mobile device, Your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser You use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
We may also collect information that Your browser sends whenever You visit our Service or when You access the Service by or through a mobile device.
• allow us to recognise the PC you are using when you return to our web site so that we can understand your interest in our web site and tailor its content and advertisements to match your interests (This type of cookie may be stored permanently on your PC but does not contain any information that can identify you personally.);
• identify you after you have logged in by storing a temporary reference number in the cookie so that our web server can conduct a dialogue with you while simultaneously dealing with other customers. (Your browser keeps this type of cookie until you log off or close down your browser when these types of cookie are normally deleted. No other information is stored in this type of cookie.);
• allow you to carry information across pages of our site and avoid having to re-enter that information;
• allow you access to stored information if you register for any of our on-line services;
• enable us to produce statistical information (anonymous) which helps us to improve the structure and content of our web site;
• enable us to evaluate the effectiveness of our advertising and promotions.
Cookies do not enable us to gather personal information about you unless you give the information to our server. Most Internet browser software allows the blocking of all cookies or enables you to receive a warning before a cookie is stored. For further information, please refer to your Internet browser software instructions or help screen. Alternatively, information on deleting or controlling cookies is available at all about cookies
In order to maintain the security of our systems, protect our staff, record transactions, and, in certain circumstances, to prevent and detect crime or unauthorised activities, M Oriental reserves the right to monitor all internet communications including web and email traffic into and out of its domains.
You may have the right under data protection legislation on payment of a fee to request access to personal information about you held by us and to have it corrected where appropriate. If you want to exercise that right and you wish to access, correct or delete any of your personal data held by us, or if you have any questions concerning our Data Protection and Privacy Statement please contact the relevant M Oriental Data Protection representative.You may also have the right to access details held by credit reference agencies and M Oriental will supply details of the relevant agencies upon request.Contact Us Here.
In providing your telephone, facsimile number, postal and e-mail address or similar details, you agree that M Oriental may contact you by these methods to keep you informed about M Oriental products and services or for any other reason.
M Oriental reserves the right to amend its prevailing Data Protection and Privacy Statement at any time and will place any such amendments on this Web Site. This Data Protection and Privacy Statement is not intended to, nor does it, create any contractual rights whatsoever or any other legal rights, nor does it create any obligations on M Oriental in respect of any other party or on behalf of any party.